Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here comes the bride

I'm not going to talk anymore about the drama that surrounded my invitations, because in the end they turned out better than I could have ever expected, and I've gotten countless compliments on them already which are continuing to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside every time I hear one! Thanks to Kim for calling me talented, Amanda for referring to the invites as "spectacular", Lauren for texting me the second she got hers to tell me she loved it, Allie for doing the same, Mr. Lawler for passing along praise from his side of the family, the guys I babysit for for absolutely raving about the design, and everyone else that has said anything positive about this project that was exciting, stressful and all around crazy for me! The last few invitations are still trickling through the mail as we confirm addresses from those who have moved recently, so I don't want to post pictures JUST yet... but rest assured that they will be up soon.

In the meantime, since I haven't done much else besides address invitations, paint table numbers and attempt to workout on a regular basis, I thought I'd post pictures of yet another project, which I'm excited about because it should take a grand total of about 20 minutes tops, and it will be super cute and ridiculously budget friendly! The pictures below are my inspiration for a little "Hear comes the bride" sign, in lieu of having  a toddler actually carry our rings (I also think it's weird to have a little boy drag around a mini pillow all day, and I've seen price tags around $20 for them which I think is ridiculous).

 



So, I bought a little wooden plaque sign at Michael's for $1, I already have the paint and ribbon, and thanks to Dan's nephew being our ring bearer I already have the adorable kid lined up too! Including the ribbon and paint this entire project will cost about $5, which is my kind of price tag.

In other news, my bridal shower is just DAYS away, and I'm getting extremely excited about it as the week crawls by. I'm really looking forward to some quality time with the women in my family, as well as some girlfriends that I don't get to see nearly enough these days! I truly think that finding something to wear for my shower has been more difficult than finding my wedding dress (although I do realize I had a very rare and easy time with that), so hopefully I'll have a good hair day on Sunday to complete a nice "bride to be" look. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment