Friday, August 12, 2011

This has gotta be the good life

I've made a little pact with myself to do everything I can to enjoy these last few whirlwind weeks of being engaged, and try to keep the stress and panic to a minimum. I know I'll still have plenty of moments where I think there's no way it's all going to come together in time, but my hope is that I will be able to stop, take a deep breath, and remember how blessed I am to be going through this time with the guy I love more than anything. It's sort of started to hit me over the last couple of weeks that all of this planning is actually going to result in something - that is, us being married! For a long time it just felt like we were planning a party, and now I'm starting to get excited (and oddly, content), thinking about the fact that it's not just a party, it's our wedding, and it's going to be incredible.

I'm already regretting the fact that I didn't take a single picture at my shower last weekend, but here's a few that have popped up on Facebook!

First up is the adorable cake. My mom used the little lovebirds and "just us" phrase throughout the shower decor, starting with the invitations. In other words - everything matched. She knows how to make her daughter happy, that's for sure. :)


 Dan also made me extremely happy by showing up in the collared shirt, khaki shorts and boat shoes that I requested he wear ;).
 

Erin had already left, but here's me with my wonderful bridesmaids! Manda was a big help with the gifts and planning, Bev was the most organized gift-tracker I've ever seen, and Bridget made me the fabulous bow bouquet I'm holding here! 


Tomorrow is the big bachelorette party!!! I'm insanely excited and definitely looking forward to seeing what the girls have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment