Monday, August 29, 2011

Details

I cranked out a bunch of little projects this weekend with the help of Manda and Dan, and as I have expected from the beginning, these little details are the parts of our planning that I'm loving the most. To me, the tiny personal touches are what's going to make our wedding really "ours", and not just a cookie cutter day. As usual, I documented everything on my iPhone - although the photo quality isn't as great as if I were to use my fancy camera, it's just SO much easier to snap a picture on my phone and email it to myself for easy blogging.

Here's a photo recap of the weekend!

Saturday morning was my hair and makeup trial, which I did at my gramma's house while Dan played with Louie and my gramma's dog Abby in the backyard. I am in looooove with my hair when it's all in curls, and was also a huge fan of my makeup. The girl that is doing my makeup used to volunteer with us when she was in high school, so I've always known her as "one of Dan's teens", but I've been telling her for years that when I got married I wanted her to do my makeup, and here we are! The hair stylist is her best friend, and it was great to have the 2 of them already so comfortable working together for my trial. I have no doubts that all of us girls are going to look gorgeous on the big day thanks to Irish and Caitlin being there to help us get ready! Here's a shot of the back of my hair -


After my trial, we headed out with Manda to pick up our wedding bands. While choosing mine was a simple "I just want it to match the band of my engagement ring", Dan had a bit more trouble finding something he loved. He finally found one at Kay's a couple of weeks ago (despite me hating their "every kiss begins with Kay" campaign) -


When we picked up my ring a little while later at a different jeweler, Dan found a DIFFERENT band that he liked more... so we bought that one and went back to Kay's to return the other one. Thankfully, we saved $75, and the new band he picked out can NOT be returned, so he can't change his mind again ;).

Manda spent the afternoon and evening with us, and spent the night Saturday. On Sunday, Dan headed to Great America for work and Manda and I decided to stay in our pajamas all day doing little projects and visiting gramma. I typed up a quick little card to explain the significance of the wood we used for the table numbers, and Manda helped me mod podge them on to the backs of each number out on the front porch. Dan and I later added a quick layer of mod podge to the fronts as well to give them a little shine -


Even though he was exhausted from a long day of roller coasters and water rides, Dan came home and helped a TON with getting the hotel bags all finished! I made a little tag for the candy, which reads:

"Hometown Goodies - The Ferrara Pan candy factory is in
Forest Park, just blocks from Dan & Kelly's house!" 

Dan helped hole punch everything and I tied them up with teal string -


Then Dan turned the dining room table into an assembly line, and the two of us walked around in circles dropping all the different items into each bag -


We also managed to get our handy printer to run these hangtags through, so we could print an "Enjoy your stay" design on them. We hand wrote a little note on the back of each tag in teal and coral, tied them to the bag handles with more teal string, and called this project complete! -


On the schedule for this week is putting together our "must haves" song list for the DJ, painting vases Wednesday night with Bridget, confirming all of our rentals, potentially (finally) finishing up cake plates, and hopefully finding time to make more tissue paper flowers. I'm grateful that this coming weekend is an extra day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment