Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The little things

It's weird to be constantly busy with wedding projects, yet feel like I have nothing substantial to write about. I realize this is partially due to me wanting to keep some of the details secret, but also recognize that a big part of why I started this blog in the first place was so I could go through it later on down the road and see all the fun little projects I did along the way. So, in a feeble attempt to catch myself up on some things we've been doing, here's a bit of a picture documentation, all courtesy of my handy iPhone.

First up are the thank you notes that I hand stamped and embossed to send out to all the lovely ladies that attended my shower. God forbid I just BUY some ready-to-go cards, right? At least they're super cute! -


Our constantly changing seating chart. Every time we get a "yes" RSVP, the name immediately goes on a little post-it flag and up on the board. The post-its make for easy rearranging as more names come in, and it's a quick visual representation of how many seats we're currently filling. Eventually, the other side of this poster board will turn into a space layout, when we'll decide which group of people goes where. Want to be as close to the bar/bathroom/dance floor/nearest exit as possible? Speak now or forever hold your peace. ;) -


Toiletries baskets for the bathrooms at the reception. This probably could have been more on the "nice to have" than the "have to have" list, but I figure since we're serving ribs the least I could do was offer our guests dental floss and Shout wipes for potential spills. Don't worry friends, there will be plenty of extra napkins on the tables! -


The bed in "Manda's room" (that is, our extra bedroom) after the shower. There are no words to describe how happy the words "Crate & Barrel" and "Bed, Bath & Beyond" make me these days, so despite the overwhelming mess this is a pretty awesome image to me. Since my BFF stayed with us the night of my bachelorette party the gifts have since been relocated to the office, making the room even more impossible to walk in, but if I just have one ridiculously messy room in my house that's not so bad right? -


I also realized today that I never did a post about the infamous invitations, so I'll be sure to get that up soon! 32 days and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment