Thursday, August 25, 2011

I Spy

Several people have heard me refer to our house as "Wedding Central" in the last couple of months, so I thought in the spirit of full disclosure I would give my 6 readers a peek into what our life currently looks like nearly every evening and most weekends :). This, my friends, should be pictured in the dictionary under "organized chaos".

Exhibit 1 - The "clean" half of the dining room table. I spy... the ever-handy macbook with a sneak peek at the menu belly bands, my new cutting mat, a ruler and exacto blade ready to score the now printed menus, a packing box full of tissue paper, paint and brushes for the centerpieces, and a cupcake box awaiting labeling...


Exhibit 2 - The not so clean side of the dining room table. (This changes almost daily - and earlier this week nearly the entire table was clean for a whole hour while we ate dinner!) I spy... a vase full of pipe cleaner "flower stems", a plastic bag full of MORE tissue paper (in new fun colors!), striped cupcake wrappers, new ink cartridges for our printer that's working overtime getting everything done, a mini glue gun, the perfect teal ribbon that will wrap around each layer of the cake, random tissue paper flowers, a cup that houses all of my current daily "tools" - pens, glue sticks, exacto knives, paint brushes... 


Exhibit 3 - The fiance, hard at work cutting out menus! I spy... teamwork at it's finest.


So, um, yesterday marked just ONE measly month until the wedding, and I couldn't be more excited. I had a few moments at work when I would think I was going to hyperventilate thinking about it, but in all honesty, I feel fairly good about where we're at with everything for the time being! Whenever it hits me how close it all is, I often think about my friend Lauren's vows, which stated "Today, I marry my best friend..." So simple, and so true. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment