Monday, August 15, 2011

I wear my sunglasses at night

So, my bachelorette party has come and gone, and I could not be happier with how the entire thing went. I had an absolute BLAST with my best girlfriends, and was once again spoiled with gifts galore... the people in my life sure do know how to make a girl feel special!

We kicked off the afternoon with a little pre-party at Bridget's, which was great because it meant my mom was willing to join us for a little while :). My friends did a great job of getting me bachelorette gifts that I would actually wear - top favorites include the zip up "bride" hoodie from Mary Rose to wear the day-of, and a "sexy little bride" tank from Bridget that I'm already planning to wear to bed the night before the wedding when I stay at my gramma's with a couple of the girls. Manda also got me a great little "sisters" book, AND filled the entire thing out with memories and inside jokes - I loved reading through it last night while recovering from the party :).

Speaking of Manda, she bought pink wayfarers for all the girls, which we definitely had a good time with -


After Bridget's we headed down to Market Days to see Darren Criss. When we first got there the crowds, rain and security guards had us pretty convinced we weren't even going to be able to see. Thankfully, Bridget made friends with one of the guards who got us a good view, and Darren got everyone in the crowd to put their umbrellas away, which was a huge help for those of us in the back that couldn't see over them!


From Market Days we walked to Mi Tierra (YUM), where the girls treated me to dinner and pitchers of margaritas. I loved that my friends all took on a bit of a "parental" role with helping keep track of Manda in the huge crowds, and even ordered an entire pitcher of virgin frozen strawberry margaritas so Manda could take part in the fun drinks. At the end of dinner I was surprised with ice cream, a sombrero and everyone singing Happy Birthday to me!


Somehow, we all ended up drawing mustaches on our fingers, which made for more laughs and fun pictures -



After my dad and uncle picked Manda up from the restaurant us 21 and up girls headed out to Mad River for an evening of dancing, drinking and hilarious bar games ;).




We got home good and late just before 3am, where I washed my feet (hehehe) and made grilled cheese sandwiches for myself and Mary Rose. I woke up Sunday with a raging hangover, which I treated with gatorade and a late greasy lunch with Rachel. I literally could not have wished for a better weekend, and I am forever grateful to my friends for making me feel so loved! Thank you to Bridget for planning nearly the entire day and hosting us all at your house beforehand, to Manda for buying us all matching sunglasses, to Mary Rose for coming in from Green Bay just for my party and Rachel offering to DD so we didn't have to worry about rides, to Allie for being a total riot on the dance floor (Saturday was quite possibly the most fun I have EVER had with my cousin, and we've had some good times so that's saying a lot!), and Bev and Bridget R. for coming out despite other plans and being jet lagged... I had an amazing day and night and love each of you dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment