Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Consumed

Based on my last posting I'm sure it's no surprise that I have been utterly consumed by my invitations for the last couple of weeks. Thankfully, due to amazing people in my life helping me with projects, other things have continued to still move along - my gramma glued 200+ cupcake toppers to little toothpicks and wrapped custom labels around 2 cases of water bottles for me, and Rachel has continued to be a huge help with table numbers AND a total motivation with workouts. Manda has been helping me whenever possible, most recently with getting the infamous invitations ready to go out the door, and my mom is likely coming over tonight to help finish up the bulk of them!

One of my work BFF's, Bethanie, stayed at the office insanely late with me last night to figure out a solve for the part of the invitations that was causing all the drama, and I'm THRILLED to say that it worked! I'm officially back to being excited about our guests getting their invitations in the mail over the next week or so, and I can't wait to hear what people think about them.

Unfortunately, since I haven't done a whole lot besides stress about the invitations, I don't have a whole lot to actually blog about. Regardless, there's plenty to be excited about over the next few weeks - like my shower that's already next weekend, and my bachelorette party the weekend after! I'm giddy with anticipation and excitement about both events. My mom, gramma and aunts are throwing my shower, and I know with their creative minds behind it I will be surrounded by love and craftiness. I'm a little nervous about being the guest of honor, but I suppose I should get used to a bit of attention being focused on me before the wedding, huh?

For my bachelorette party, I vowed to myself that I would not be one of those brides with ridiculous requirements for the night. I trust my bridesmaids and love the element of surprise behind not knowing exactly what we're doing the entire night. I DID have a couple of requirements though, and thankfully, the girls were happy to oblige and work around them.

1. I want to go to dinner somewhere that Manda can join us for - although I'm not picky about where. She'll go home afterwards while we continue the evening with 21+ events, but it was important to me that she at least be able to be part of the celebration!
2. I want to go to Market Days to see Darren Criss. Originally this wasn't a bachelorette party event - just something I really wanted to do with friends, but it worked out to have the party on that date, and what better place to start a party than a Chicago street festival with a hot guy from Glee?!?

So, with my big wedding events creeping up quickly I leave you with this - a photo of Darren in his signature pink wayfarer sunglasses. Um, yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment