Thursday, July 14, 2011

Numbered

Remember the incredible boxes of salvaged wood Rachel got me straight from New Orleans?


Wellllll... last night in one of my excited "let's check something off the list!" moments I managed to get Dan to lug my dad's big saw outside and cut the pieces in half for me. So, now I have this -


Action shot!! :)


After I sat on the garage floor sanding down the edges a bit to avoid splinters, we brought everything inside to the dining room table, which I have recently begun referring to as "Wedding Central". Thanks to a free quart of Glidden paint in "Tropical Coral" the pieces will soon all look like this first one I tried out -


I need to get a finer-detail brush to clean up the edges, and after trying to freehand a "4" I think I'll be better off creating stencils for myself, but I'm excited to see how these all turn out, and I think they'll be a great little addition to the tables!

I think that after the wedding we'll keep the numbers from tables 9, 24, and 11 - they'd be cute up on a shelf displaying our wedding date for years to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment