Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lately

I hope everyone enjoyed the long holiday weekend as much as I did! I got lucky that my company was also closed on Friday, so I had 4 glorious days off... which I planned to spend cranking out wedding projects...

As is often the case, my plans completely changed. Just a couple of days before the long weekend, we found out my brother and his girlfriend were coming in to town for Saturday afternoon, just until Sunday, so I jumped at the chance to have them stay with us to be sure we'd spend some good quality time with them. Saturday night turned into an impromptu pizza and sangria party at our house, Sunday was somehow spent working out for nearly 2 hours with Erica, Rachel and Manda despite a minor hangover on my part, Sunday night was filled with more company as Kevin and Erica decided to stay til Monday, and Monday was spent running a few errands, going to visit my gramma (and jogging all the way home from her house - go team me!), hosting our now-annual 4th of July BBQ before walking down the block to watch the fireworks... and more company again as Kevin and Erica decided to stay until Tuesday!

BUT, have no fear friends, I still managed to sneak some good wedding progress in there somewhere! First up was working on the cake plates with Manda, which was met with lots of "ooooh these are going to be SO GREAT!!!!" shrieks from me when we found the PERFECT shade of turquoise spray paint in a last minute trip to Home Depot.


I still have a couple last minute touch-ups to do, but Dan and I will be gluing these bad boys together in the next few days and I absolutely can't wait to see the final products all lined up next to each other. 

Manda and I also managed to crank out 100+ little cards for my version of a guest book, which included cutting, rubber stamping and embossing every single one. Thanks to some help from Rachel, we got the other 100 done Sunday, so that is a full project completed, done, and checked off the list!

Tuesday evening was insanely productive for both Dan and I as we met with our priest to discuss our ceremony in more detail, and also met with the music director at church to start planning that part of our day. I don't know what this part of the process is like for people that don't have personal relationships with their mass "staff", but I am absolutely loving it. Since Dan works at Ascension and my family has been going there for generations, it's exciting for me to now be getting married there. Father Larry seemed thrilled that Dan and I put real thought and effort into choosing readings that are meaningful to the two of us, and David, the music director, gave us some ideas we're planning to implement into our ceremony to make it totally personal and a little bit different than the norm.

Following our appointments we went home aaaaaaand......... finished our invitations!! I love love LOVE how they turned out, and thanks to a generous vendor that I work with regularly, we're getting them printed free of charge. I'll definitely put photos up once everyone receives them in the mail, but in the meantime they'll have to remain a surprise :).

Napkins and cupcake boxes have also been ordered, and we have a few more appointments yet this week. The days are ticking away, but we're making progress and checking things off the list nearly daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment