Monday, May 2, 2011

One Down

Flats for the reception have been ordered! And thanks to a generous Christmas gift card to Kohl's from Mr. Lawler that we'd yet to use, I didn't technically spend any money on them. Sweet!


These pretty little sandals ran me under $30 after tax and shipping - no complaints here! And though I have yet to see them in turquoise, I did try on the shoe in black in store and love them so much I just might drop my hunt for heels and stick to my original plan to wear only flats. Now I just have to convince myself not to wear them all summer so they're still in pristine condition when the big day rolls around.

We're meeting with one of our groomsmen's brothers tonight to chat DJ business, as he and a friend have been running the dance floor at weddings and parties for more than 15 years. Tomorrow night, we're heading out to meet with our caterer again and hope to finalize our menu selections so I can get those designed and ready to print. Bridget spotted paper lanterns in the dollar spot at Target last night that are literally a perfect color match to the bridesmaid dresses, so 5 of those have been added to the growing pile of wedding stuff on our front porch. AND!!!! We had our engagement picture session with the fabulous Ben + Mindy last Friday and it was a blast. We should have our pictures in just a few weeks and I absolutely cannot wait to see them.

Oh, and I settled on a font for all the wedding goodies! I know this is likely not something that stresses out "normal" people, but as I've hinted at before, choosing a font to use for everything from invitations to cupcake toppers has been a major decision for me. I couldn't manage to find a free version of my font choice anywhere, so it ran me $29, but since I used a gift card for my sandals that's pretty much like breaking even, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment