Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Photogs

Well, this whole wedding thing is starting to get really... real. I have my dress (!!! - more about that later), we're booked at church, we had an incredible engagement party last night full of family and friends, and we made our first deposit - to the photographers!

Now anyone that knows me knows that I've gone into this wedding thing a little bit differently than the norm - My approach since day one has been to have the date and the overall budget revolve around one thing - my photographers. I've already heard plenty of "Uhh... aren't you supposed to pick the date based on when the church is available?" to know that not everyone necessarily agrees with my photographers-first plans, but for me, it's without a doubt my number one priority.

Maybe if you knew the photographers, you'd agree. In fact, I'm pretty sure you would. Because they are THAT good. For real.

My friends, meet Ben and Mindy Peterson, the insanely fun, obnoxiously talented, ridiculously nice all around incredible husband and wife team of Studio 6.23. Oh, how I love them... I am seriously giddy just THINKING about (finally) having these two take our pictures!


Readers of my precious 9-oh-6 may recall me gushing about Ben and Mindy quite awhile ago, when I originally met them and work friends Tom and Lauren booked them for their wedding. After listening to me talk about them for about a year Dan finally got to meet the duo at said wedding, and (as expected) he loved them just as much as I did. (I had no idea Ben and Dan had so much in common, but it was a pleasant surprise).

Outside of their impeccable eye for perfect shots, Ben and Mindy are quite honestly two of the nicest, funniest people I have ever met. Based on how nervous I've already been in our initial planning, I can already tell that having someone like Mindy around while I'm getting dressed and ready for the big walk down the aisle will be a HUGE comfort. And, Ben has already been an incredible help in answering my constant questions, both via phone and email. Considering I've reached out to all kinds of vendors already and had several that I flat out never heard back from (or heard back from a week later!), there's something to be said for someone like Ben who answers every one of my frantic emails nearly immediately and ends every note with "Let us know if you need ANYTHING!"

So, I encourage everyone that needs a photographer or just wants to check out some incredible work to head over to the Studio 6.23 blog and look around. While you're at it, I'm just gonna go squeal a little more that they'll be there on my wedding day celebrating with us and capturing it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment