Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Something Blue

Even before settling 100% on a reception venue, it was important to me that I ask the girls I'm closest to if they would stand up with me on our wedding day as bridesmaids! I knew I didn't want to just ASK them (although that was the case with my maid of honor, who lives out of town), so I decided to cure my baking itch and make sugar cookies.

I had a dress shaped cookie cutter that I used to make white dresses for my MOH's bridal shower, and I tried my hand at royal icing (which I learned is exactly as difficult as people say it is for first-timers). I've known for years that I would want my girls in a deep saturated turquoise, and although I couldn't get the icing color quite right, it got the point across and the girls loved the finished product!

Clearly, I need to learn to use my camera better if I want to be taking decent pictures for blogging, but trust me - the cookies were cute!




(Tags read: Will you be my bridesmaid? I promise not to make you wear an ugly dress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment