Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blooms

In the spirit of at least attempting to stick to a (small) budget, I have big plans of starting off my wedding morning with a casual trip to the Farmer's Market for bunches of flowers that my bridesmaids and I can tie with pretty ribbons for DIY bouquets with a natural, organic feel. My personal involvement in this plan will at least partially depend on what my hair stylist says about appointment timing and all, but I'm confident I'll be able to pass the task to someone else if I'm in more of a frenzy than I hope I'll be. Either way, I just can't imagine dropping hundreds and hundreds of dollars on flowers that are (unfortunately) just going to die days later. In fact, regardless of budget, flowers are low on my priority list overall due to a general lack of interest in them. I've always been more of a "If you want to spend money on me, take me out for a delicious seafood dinner or buy me something sparkly" kind of girl than the type that expects a dozen roses for every passing occasion.

So, while the Farmer's Market plan is one option, I've recently started to throw around the idea of a completely DIY option - paper flowers.

Now, I am what you can call... slightly obsessed with paper. I love the way it looks, the way it feels, the thousands of different kinds, colors and finishes. This infatuation with paper makes me think that flowers made out of some of my favorites would be perfectly fitting for our wedding! But, I don't exactly know how to make flowers out of paper, so we'll see. For now, a few inspiration images from a site that I'm sure will be a new favorite if I do in fact decide to go this route - Handmade Paper Flowers!




Tell me those aren't gorgeous bouquets?!? And, do I spy a paper flower in the hair of the last image above? I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment