Monday, May 23, 2011

Weeks

Seeing as tomorrow marks a mere 4 months til we say I do, I was starting to panic a bit about my centerpieces. We are officially at a point that I can count down til our wedding in weeks and not months.  Yikes! So, I decided to get up at a halfway decent time on Saturday morning and made a promise to myself that it would be a productive day. We picked up Manda and headed to the Farmer's Market for donuts and some herb garden shopping, and then I convinced her and Dan to tag along to the Oak Park Economy Shop for some vase hunting. To say that our trip was a success would be putting it lightly - Manda and I scoured every room and every shelf and found a TON of vases in an assortment of shapes and sizes! Since almost every one was 50% off the already low prices, I spent less than $20 and walked out with 3 big bags full of goodies. We picked so many out of one specific room that the ladies said they wanted to hug us!


While we were at the Farmer's Market I got the email I'd been holding my breath for - our engagement pictures were ready and online for us to check out!! So, after rushing home to check them out we picked up Gramma and headed to lunch at Panera with a laptop in tow so she could see them right away too :).

Our disk is in the mail this week and I'm sure I will plaster my facebook account and this blog with the photos just as soon as I have them... but for now I took a quick screen grab of my #1 favorite to put as my desktop background and post here because I absolutely LOVE it.

(Photo by Studio 6.23)

After oohing and aahing over our  photos, more errand running led us to a Goodwill store that I hadn't been to yet, which was another jackpot for vases! Manda has expressed to me that she wishes she was able to help more with wedding stuff, so it was great to have her there with me helping to pick out pieces for a crucial part of our decor.

Among other little things, I also tried my hand at another paper flowers tutorial that I found online, and I couldn't be happier with the insanely simple directions that resulted in an insanely cute little flower. It's easily customizable in size and color and will be a perfect project for the first flower making get together I'm going to have this weekend while Dan kicks off what he's referring to as "Bachelor Party Summer"!

No comments:

Post a Comment