Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Between

I've gone back and forth a million times trying to decide if I want to wear a veil or not for our ceremony. Based on my hopes for my hair being in a slightly messy bun of curls off to one side and adorned with some kind of flower, I sort of felt like a veil wouldn't quite work. My seamstress suggested a birdcage veil, but I immediately shot that idea down by stating matter-of-factly that "I am not trendy enough".

Then I saw today's featured wedding on Style Me Pretty and fell in love with the gorgeous bride (not to mention every other detail of the wedding), and considering her hair is literally EXACTLY what I want mine to look like and it looks incredible... I'm officially kicking around the idea of a birdcage veil. It'd be easy to remove for the reception if I wanted, and it's a simple little "plus-up" that I think would add a touch of style to otherwise unstylish me.





I went through the entire gallery for this wedding and saved every possible image of the bride's hair, and will be emailing them to my stylist stat. Now I just have to figure out if I can DIY the veil.

Meanwhile, this blog post link from a friend and yet another image from the wedding above have me seriously considering a "first look" moment for Dan and I prior to the ceremony.


I have always been in the "We cannot see each other before the ceremony!" camp, but the thought of a bit of private time for just the two of us (well, and our photogs) before 200 of our closest friends and family members see us just sounds so... perfect. And, let's be honest, for as panic-stricken as I can get, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to calm my nerves about seeing Dan for the first time BEFORE I have to walk down a huge long aisle without tripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment