Monday, April 25, 2011

Turquoise...or Teal... Flats... or Heels

Well, actually living up to the name of this little blog here is certainly proving to be a bit difficult. In an effort to stay true to my vision of my something blue being my shoes, I've been searching high and low for the perfect footwear for our big day (in other words - googling every possible combination of "turquoise" or "teal" and "heels" or "flats" imaginable).

I've always said I would wear flats for my wedding, but my seamstress has (mostly) talked me into heels at least for the ceremony and pictures. Which would be all fine and good if 95% of heels out there didn't leave me taller than my fiance, who I can assure you does not like to be the shorter one of our pair. It would also probably be a lot easier if I wasn't dead-set on having my shoes match my girls' dresses - there's a million and one pairs of gorgeous white heels out there... but I want turquoise. Or teal, which I'm learning is considered a closer match to what I want than lighter, less intense shades of turquoise.

Although I kind of figured anything with a 4 inch heel would be FAR too tall for Dan's liking (and let's be honest, I probably wouldn't be able to walk in them anyways), I went ahead and ordered two pairs of shoes last week because they were barely $25 each and completely returnable.





As suspected, both pairs are incredibly tall, and unfortunately neither of them fits me all that well in the first place. (That hasn't stopped me from staring lovingly at the first pair though - they are definitely up there on my list of favorite shoes. Ever. Not to mention a near perfect color match. Sigh.)

My searching has led me to believe that had I gotten married a year or 2 ago it would have been a breeze to find shoes in the perfect color, as there are some a.ma.zing. images of teal heels out there on the world wide web that are nowhere to be found for actual purchasing.

So, I am officially on the hunt for not one, but 2 pairs of wedding shoes... both in an apparently unpopular footwear color. I'm not too panicked on the heels as I know I can get a pair of dyeables from David's Bridal in an EXACT color match if it comes down to it, but so far I haven't been thrilled with their selection. The flats however, are proving to be much more difficult to track down. If you happen to see any beauties out there just screaming my name, please do let me know :).

P.S. - Easter Sunday marked just FIVE months until our wedding day. Cue the panic attacks friends, in my world that means it's just about crunch time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same situation now. Found a pair online and bought them, but they're way too high for me. Thinking about getting a pair dyed or saving up for custom made...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! Are you in the Chicago area? I'd be happy to lend out my shoes, which were a modest 2"-ish heel! :)

    ReplyDelete