Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flattered again!

I used to work with a girl named Brooke, who is one of those girls I imagine could wake up in the morning, spin around her closet and put on the first shirt she landed on, and then spin around again and put on the first skirt she landed on, and then pair it all with funky accessories and shoes and end up looking great. I, on the other hand, could put on an identical outfit and look like a total moron, so I stick with my jeans and a thermal look and settled for just seeing Brooke in her awesome getups on a day to day basis. She has since moved on to a new job, but I continue to keep up with her via her awesome Chicago Now blog - Always a Bridesmaid.

Well, Brooke also checked out my blog, saw my save the dates, and emailed me to see if she could feature them on AAB. Um, yes please! She posted a few of my pictures right away this afternoon, along with some swoon-worthy (I totally got that phrase from Style Me Pretty) mood boards from Anthro's BHLDN line. I suppose people with insanely popular blogs probably don't even think twice about someone else featuring them, but for me I could not possibly be more flattered that friends like Brooke and Lauren want to put my project up on their little virtual corner of the world for others to see! So, thanks to both of you ladies for making me feel special this week!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly - I love the save the date cards! Such a great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly!! You are too sweet. I totally missed this entry! My mom referenced it to me in a conversation and I had no idea what she was talking about until she sent this to me--thank you so much :) I cannot wait to see the rest of your wedding play out, and I know I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete