Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wishes

I love the idea of having guests leave little notes with wishes or words of wisdom in lieu of (or in addition to?) a standard guest book at the wedding. 



I'll definitely take the time to find the perfect vase/jar for this, as it would be something I'd love to keep on a shelf or the mantle in our house to go through on anniversaries or whenever the mood strikes.


I will (of course) throw some DIY flair into it, potentially in the form of etching the glass much like the Young House Love superstars did for a "thanks" jar -



I actually etched glasses with Dan's parent's initials for Christmas gifts a couple of years ago, so I already own etching cream and found that with a steady hand, it's a pretty simple project. Better yet - it can be executed LONG before the wedding, which will hopefully help keep the last minute projects list smaller. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment