Friday, February 11, 2011

Simplicity

While I think weddings filled with crystal chandeliers, cushy chairs with satin covers and more silverware than you know what to do with are gorgeous... it's just not me. I've always said my wedding would be a "big backyard BBQ", and now that I'm working on the actual logistics of it all and realizing that's not quite as easy as it sounds, I'm tweaking my vision a bit to fit into our reception space and our not-in-the-middle-of-the-summer date. We're still going with the BBQ style food, but catered instead of literally having grills set up with someone manning them all night. With this setup, we'll be doing a buffet instead of a plated served dinner, which means dinner plates will be stacked on the food table and not set at each place prior to dinner. While this doesn't sound like a big deal, I was a bit concerned that the tables would look bare without plates, but some images I've seen floating around lately have completely changed my mind. In fact, I think I almost like the clean, minimal table MORE than one that is totally set.

Love the mason jars on both tables. Love the simple flatware. Love the shape of the glasses that bounce around natural light. Love love love the striped runner in the first image. Love that I now feel completely better about my uncluttered table plans!


No comments:

Post a Comment