Friday, February 4, 2011

Bouts

I have a big jar full of buttons that my late grandmother collected over the years - when she passed away it was the one thing I wanted to remember her by. As kids, we would go through the buttons regularly, picking out our favorites and pairing up the ones that had a match. I vaguely remember making sock puppets once and being thrilled that we got to use buttons from the jar for the eyes. I wrote about the buttons awhile back on 9-oh-6, and while I actually DID complete the project I described, I never actually posted a picture of the finished piece.

Now I have a wedding to plan, and I happened upon an image the other day that I'm fairly certain would be the perfect way to honor my grandmother who won't be there with us. Button boutonnieres!


I of course followed this find up with a google search and was pleasantly surprised by all the weddings that have incorporated buttons into the guy's attire -





I'm pretty sure I don't have enough of the same buttons to do anything that involves more than one or two on each bout, but the first image with the button acting as the center of a flower is perfect inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment