Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Laper Ladies

Have I ever mentioned how incredible my extended family is? We're all super close, and thanks to nobody living more than 25 minutes from another, it's easy to get together for parties, shopping trips, and now... wedding craft nights!

Immediately after Dan and I got engaged I started pouring out my DIY-wedding thoughts to my mom, aunts, gramma and cousins... and they immediately started offering up their help, because they are just that amazing. It took me some time to settle on final plans and get a bunch of supplies together, but I was finally ready to host our first craft night over Memorial Day weekend while Dan went out for what he is calling his "first of many" bachelor party.

To thank everyone for their help, I made Annie's Eats Chicken Caesar Sandwiches for dinner (so easy. SO SO SO delicious), and a family favorite - Kraft's Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle - for dessert. By the time I had dinner ready, my awesome family had already started cranking out flowers!


Manda and Melissa - you can see in Melissa's hands just how easy these flowers were to make. Just scrunch up each little disk of tissue paper and that's it! -


White sangria was (of course) also involved -


This dessert is so easy to make and makes for a great presentation -


I think this is my new favorite picture of my gramma. She was adamant about helping me with wedding things - she even called me the other night and had me bring her supplies to make more flowers in her free time! -


Aren't they pretty? -


In total, the Laper Ladies cranked out 3 full buckets of blooms! The teal ones are a little bold mixed in with the white and pink, so I'm thinking about using them to make a pomander ball for Kadence to carry -


I wish I would have gotten more photos of our 2nd craft of the night... painting vases! My cousin Alison had a blast with this project and painted more vases than anyone else. Once I get more vases I'll be doing another batch of these in coral, and a few more gray and white to sprinkle in. -


A big HUGE thank you to: Mom, Gramma, Aunt Barbie, Aunt Cinde, Aunt Renee, Melissa, Manda, Alison, Becca and Bridget for giving up their Friday night to come and help me with wedding projects! Crafts are always more fun with friends, and your help took a giant amount of stress off of me and helped me to start checking projects off my list. I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment