Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Initials

Yet another project to add to the DIY list - moss covered initial letters, which I would love to hang at church and then somewhere at the reception. I'm loving ideas that can serve double duty and work in both spaces, and with the right materials this is another piece that can easily be done ahead of time.




In other news, we registered for pre-cana last night and began to focus on our ceremony. I was admittedly not looking forward to choosing readings and songs for our mass, but once we sat down together and started going through everything I really got into it. I sometimes feel like a dumb little kid when talking to Dan about church things - he is a pro after all, and I am definitely not - but when it came to choosing readings that spoke to us and our relationship it was encouraging and thrilling to me that we gravitated towards many of the same verses. While Dan tends to approach readings in a more faith-focused interpretation, I often look at them quite literally - which made for two varying opinions that happened to match really well when reading through passages. I'm excited about putting this time together into planning our ceremony and I'm sure it will be so much more fulfilling for both of us to have such a personal wedding mass!

No comments:

Post a Comment