Tuesday, September 6, 2011

18

Thanks to the extra day off for Labor Day, we had another insanely productive weekend full of wedding stuff, and I'm actually feeling VERY good about everything left to do with just 18 days to go!

Here's my typical iPhone photo rundown of the latest...

We got our marriage license this morning! I found this part of our planning to be a huge stress thanks to us going in the wrong building, having a camera in my purse that was not allowed inside, and everyone there just being unfriendly in general... but it's done and we can now legally get married! -


My mom and Manda came over last night and together with Dan we made major centerpiece progress! Dan cleaned up the messy painted edges on the vases (I still need to post pictures from last week's painting party!), and my mom and I experimented with more tissue paper which ended up being a great success as we came up with 3 more easy flowers that look AMAZING when they're all bunched together! Here's my mom showing off one of our bouquets -


And here's a close up of one of the new flowers I figured out. They remind me of peonies, which are my favorite flower, so I'm thrilled with the outcome -


While we worked on flowers, Manda got busy painting the "Here comes the bride" sign for Michael to carry down the aisle at church. I did the second coat later and added a gray edge to the plaque, and tonight I'll string some ribbon through at the top for him to hold and this project will be finished! -


Earlier in the weekend Dan put together and labeled all of the cupcake boxes, and we decided we'll use a bushel basket that I picked up at Pier One on clearance to hold a bunch of them up on the dessert table. -



I'm not too happy with how the labels turned out for the boxes, but I practiced "letting go" and decided it's ok if they aren't absolutely perfect. But, at Dan's prompting I wrote a quick complaint email to the company the labels are from because a bunch of them weren't cut properly and ripped when we tried to remove them from the sheets, and their online templates are FAR from user friendly. This morning, I got an email from the company that they're sending me a care package full of their products as an apology! Here's hoping it shows up before the wedding... I'm SURE I can find something else to put labels on :).

We also did a ton of shopping this weekend, which resulted in finishing up all of my bridesmaid gifts and small thank you gifts for most of the people involved in our ceremony. I spent Sunday at the mall with Rachel and Allie doing bride things as well - including purchasing my wedding day earrings (which are PERFECT and match my ring!), a potential day-of nail polish color, aaaaaamazing heels for the rehearsal dinner, and other little bridal necessities.

With less than 3 weeks to go, I'm an odd kind of calm (have no fear, I'm sure I'll still have plenty of panicked moments). I really just can't wait to see how all of our hard work comes together on the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment